Welcome to the Onekawa School Website!
My name is Steve Bloor and I am very proud to be the principal of Onekawa School.
Here are some brief facts about us:
- Our school is situated in the beautiful Napier suburb of Onekawa.
- We have a roll that varies between 350 and 400 children, depending on the time of year.
- Our children are amazing! Their behaviour is excellent and they have a love for learning.
- We have an outstanding team of teachers and support staff. They provide excellent learning opportunities for our children.
- Our parents and caregivers are very supportive of the school
I would love the opportunity to show you around our awesome school. Please call the school office, or leave a message using the ‘contact’ page, to arrange an appointment.
“Students learn in a positive environment where there is a strong focus on building connections and relationships. The school values are clearly evident and known by the students. This promotes their wellbeing, sense of belonging, and engagement in learning.”
“Teachers are collaborative and very reflective. They engage in individual and cooperative inquiries focused on improving practice and learning outcomes for priority learners.”
ERO Report, 2018
Onekawa School App now available!
Follow these simple steps to get up and running:
- To download, search for ‘SchoolAppsNZ’ on either the ‘Apple App Store’ or ‘Google Play Store’.
- A prompt will ask if you want to allow notifications. You need to allow to enable alerts to be sent to your phone. For the first time only, type in ‘Onekawa’ to search for our school.
- Tap the top left hand corner of the app (three horizontal lines). Then click ‘Alert Subscriptions’.
- Tap to subscribe to the groups in which you would like notifications for. Currently you can choose notifications for syndicates, classrooms and cricket. More groups will be added as the year goes on.
Features of the app:
- Absences: Click on ‘absentee’ to either call, text or email the office to let us know of an absence.
- Contacts: email a teacher or the office.
- Links: access our school website and Facebook page.
- Newsletters: get all our newsletters directly in the app.
- Alerts: general alerts that are sent to all app users.
2018 Term Dates
29 January - 13 April
30 April - 6 July
23 July - 28 September
15 October - 13 December