Welcome to the Onekawa School Website!
My name is Steve Bloor and I am very proud to be the principal of Onekawa School.
Here are some brief facts about us:
- Our school is situated in the beautiful Napier suburb of Onekawa.
- We have a roll that varies between 350 and 400 children, depending on the time of year.
- Our children are amazing! Their behaviour is excellent and they have a love for learning.
- We have an outstanding team of teachers and support staff. They provide excellent learning opportunities for our children.
- Our parents and caregivers are very supportive of the school
I would love the opportunity to show you around our awesome school. Please call the school office, or leave a message using the ‘contact’ page, to arrange an appointment.
“Students learn in a positive environment where there is a strong focus on building connections and relationships. The school values are clearly evident and known by the students. This promotes their wellbeing, sense of belonging, and engagement in learning.”
“Teachers are collaborative and very reflective. They engage in individual and cooperative inquiries focused on improving practice and learning outcomes for priority learners.”
ERO Report, 2018
Click on the links below to read our latest media items about Onekawa School